Brilliant simulated diamonds will retain their colour, lustre and brilliance for a lifetime. Dust, pollution and everyday wear can cloud the stones appearance. Therefore to ensure maximum sparkle, whether natural diamonds or Brilliant simulants, it is essential to keep your jewellery clean.
To clean Brilliant jewellery, prepare a cup of warm water with jewellery cleaner or liquid detergent. Leave your jewellery to soak for twenty minutes. Then using a jewellery brush, or soft toothbrush, gently clean your jewellery. Remember to carefully brush upwards under the stones. Rinse in warm water pat dry with a soft tissue. To enjoy your Brilliant jewellery and keep it shining to its true colour and clarity, we recommend cleaning it regularly.
All fine jewellery and treasured items require special care; timeworn claws/prongs can result in loss of stones. We recommend an annual check of your Brilliant jewellery. This is a professional service that we offer. Our in house trained jeweller will check the settings and clasps, clean, and professionally polish your jewellery. There is a charge of £50 for this service that ensures your jewellery is restored to its first day radiance.
Brilliant simulated diamonds will retain their colour, lustre and brilliance for a lifetime. Dust, pollution and every day wear can cloud the stones appearance. Therefore to ensure maximum sparkle, whether natural diamonds or Brilliant gems, it is essential to keep your jewellery clean. We advise to clean your stones with clean, soft cloth.
Our pearl jewellery collection is set with Mother of pearl and Freshwater pearl. To clean them just wipe your pearls with a soft cloth after wearing. Avoid exposing them to chemicals. Don’t store your pearls with other jewellery as they can easily be scratched.
Our jewellery is set in precious 9ct Yellow and White Gold, Platinum clad Sterling silver and gold vermeil.
White gold has an illustrious gorgeous finish. This finish is due to a process called rhodium plating. Yellow gold is mixed with a number of metal alloys to change its appearance to a grey colour, this is called white gold. It is then rhodium plated to lift its finish to a high shine. A procedure that is standard for all white gold jewellery. Plating may need to be carried out periodically on your jewellery depending on its wear and skin acidity levels.
Gold vermeil is 18ct gold plating over sterling silver. This can gradually wear over time. We recommend avoiding direct contact with perfumes/sprays and removing when in the shower or swimming.
Platinum vermeil is a combination of a sterling silver base plated with platinum. It gives your silver jewellery a brilliant shiny finish. Over time the plating can wear away. Please note that chlorine is especially damaging to jewellery.
We offer a replating service for all metals and are happy to provide a quote.
EVERYDAY CARE GUIDELINES
To look after your Brilliant jewellery here are some guidelines that we hope you find helpful-
- Remove jewellery before heavy activities or exposure to high impact against hard surfaces, especially your eternity rings and tennis bracelets
- Always protect your jewellery from knocks, scratches, chemicals
- Examine your jewellery regularly to make sure settings are snug and clasps and joinings are secure
- Avoid exposing your jewellery to household bleach, which will quickly cause gold or silver to discolour
- We recommend removing jewellery when you shower or bathe and particularly when on the beach, in the sea and in chlorinated water
- Avoid spraying perfume or applying creams directly onto your jewellery
- Keep away from extreme temperatures, humidity and sunlight
- How you store your jewellery is important as well. All purchases Brilliant jewellery is packaged in a protective box or pouch. When not wearing your jewellery we recommend you place it back in these or a similar lined wrapping.